Walt and Skyler's purchase
In the early years of their marriage, Walter and Skyler toured the house. They remark that the house has three bedrooms and a pool in the backyard. Walt, riding a wave of recent business success, comments that the house isn’t big enough, but they end up buying it anyway.
At the beginning of the first season, Skyler and Walt Junior nag Walt to fix the water heater. They end up getting more than they bargain for when Walt installs a new, high-end heater, then discovers the house has “rot.” Walt’s renovations become more elaborate and invasive, and eventually creates a small crawl space below the house. As the seasons unfold, this house becomes a source of contention for the White family–who gets to live there and who doesn’t, and whether it’s safe from Mexican cartel assassins.
Walt later used the crawl space as an entrance when he was locked out of the house by Skyler. In season 4, Skyler uses this same spot to access the crawl space where she hide some of Walt's excess cash among clothes in space saver bags. Later, Walt, frustrated by Skyler’s refusal to let him inside for a family dinner, lobs his pizza peace offering in the air. It remains on the roof for several days.
At one point, the house was bugged by Mike Ehrmantraut to monitor Skyler's intentions. Mike drilled through the stucco and placed the bug where it could overhear conversations in the kitchen. Walt later had Mike remove it.
DisrepairAfter Walt's exposure, the house becomes somekind of a tourist attraction, Skyler and her children move out of the house after a group of neo-Nazis broke in to threaten her. It is revealed by Ed that vandals started destroying the place after Skyler's depart, so the house was seized and fenced off by the City of Albuquerque, awaiting auction ("Granite State"). Following this, Walt returns to the derelict, neglected house to retrieve the vial of ricin poison he had stored behind an electrical outlet guard. Within the damaged, decaying hallway, the name "Heisenberg" is spray-painted in yellow. In the backyard, the pool is now empty, crumbling, and unkempt; it is used by a group of local skateboarders as a small skate-park ("Blood Money").
Walt and Skyler hid large sums of cash in various parts of the house:
- Baby room, taped down inside the vent (the first main spot)
- Garage, behind insulation (the second main spot)
- Baby room, duffel bag in the closet (temporary, Skyler accidentally finds it)
- Master bedroom, with clothing in space saver bags (it breaks the rack)
- Crawl space, with clothing in space saver bags (the latest main spot)
- Vacuum cleaner, at some point during the second season, Walt hid the money inside it. Skyler, without knowing about the money's existence, sold the vacuum cleaner in a garage sale. Later, Walter had to break-in the buyers house to retrieve the money.
- The actual location of the home in Albuquerque used as the White House is at: 3828 Piermont Dr NE Albuquerque, NM
- The number of the land line at the White residence is (505) 117-8987 ("Ozymandias"). The phone number was previously shown to be (505) 555-1258 on Skyler's divorce application papers ("Más").