- "You paid good money for this. You got 2 acres up here, lots of woods, nice, warm place. Seems to me just the spot for a man to rest up, think on things. If you look around, it's kinda beautiful."
The cabin has no access to a telephone, internet, or cable television in order to keep its existence a secret. The TV, freezer and lights are powered by a 15-amp generator running off liquified petroleum gas. There is a small wood-burner for heat and cooking.
- While the exact location of the cabin is unknown, it is hinted that it's close to the Canadian border. Ed mentioned that when the weather is clear enough, the TV could pick up stations from Montréal, Québec.
- The cabin had 2 copies of the DVD of Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium.
- The exterior of the cabin was built for the production in the Sandia Mountains of New Mexico, just above 10,000 feet above sea level.
- ↑ The Making of Granite State