Skyler is pregnant with her throughout the first two seasons of the show. While pregnant with Holly, Skyler smokes, much to Walt's displeasure when he finds out.
They originally plan to deliver her via Caesarean section, however Skyler unexpectedly goes into labor and gives birth to Holly. Walt is not present during the birth of his daughter because he is preoccupied with drug related business; he blames Jesse Pinkman for making him miss the birth. Ted Beneke, Skyler's boss, is the one who takes her to the hospital when she goes into labor and stays with her until Walt finally arrives ("Phoenix").
Holly is seen learning to walk in season 5. Holly and her brother spend three months in the home of Hank and Marie Schrader while their parents work to determine the state of their marriage. Not long after she returns home, a fight between Marie and her mother Skyler over the custody of Holly broke out.
After Skyler attempts to stab Walt, he takes Holly and runs off. Skyler then calls the police on Walt, who send out an amber alert. Later on, however, Holly starts calling for her mama. Walt leaves Holly — along with a note — sitting inside of a truck at a fire station, where she is found by one of the officers and later returned to Skyler. ("Ozymandias")
- Vince Gilligan named Holly after his girlfriend.
- Before Holly was born, Marie wanted to name her "Esmeralda" (A No-Rough-Stuff-Type Deal).
- Holly's first word (and her only one throughout the series) was "Mama" (Ozymandias).
- ↑ The Vancouver Sun: Creator Gilligan reminisces in Vancouver as hit series Breaking Bad winds down
- ↑ Talking Bad episode 8, broadcast September 29, 2013