Gustavo Fring dropped in on Gale unannounced to discuss his readiness to take over as lead chemist at the superlab "should the worst happen" to Walter White. Gus pressured Gale into saying that one further cook together with Walt would be sufficient.
After Jesse has killed Gale, Victor arrived at the apartment, pushing past Gale's neighbors and checked that Gale was dead. Victor and then quickly left without having chance to clean up the scene or take Gale's lab notes from his coffee table. He found Jesse outside in 1986 Toyota Tercel. ("Box Cutter")
- Books in Gale's apartment include:
- Everything's Eventual by Stephen King
- The Magnificent Activist: The Writings of Thomas Wentworth Higginson
- Jane Austen in Boca by Paula Marantz Cohen
- The Waverley Novels by Walter Scott
- Fundamentals of Marxism–Leninism by Kuusinen, Lawrence & Wishart.
- The Collected Works of Marx & Engels.
- The Causes of World War 3 by C. Wright Mills
- Bucky: A Guided Tour of Buckminster Fuller by Hugh Kenner
- Galileo: Heretic by Pietro Redondi
- The Algorithmic Beauty of Seaweeds, Sponges & Corals by Janet E. Kübler & Jaap A. Kaandorp
- Semper Fi by W.E.B. Griffin
- A potato clock is on one bookshelf. At the time of Gale's death it is shown changing from 10:12 to 10:13, a reference to The X-Files.
- The January 6, 2011 issue of Alibi is on the coffee table in "Box Cutter".
- Evidence of Gale's hobbies is all over his apartment:
- Gale's Apartment at BreakingBad-Locations.com