- "You can't give up on [family]. Never. I mean, what else is there?"
- ―Donald Margolis to Walter White.
Donald Margolis is Jane Margolis's father who works as an air traffic controller.
Season 2He owns the building his daughter managed for him where Jesse Pinkman lived. He sent Jane to rehab once before and goes with her to recovery meetings. Donald becomes furious when he discovers that his daughter is back on heroin, suspecting Jesse is at fault. He nearly calls the police, but relents when Jane promises to go back into rehab. Depressed, he goes to a bar and strikes up a conversation with a stranger (Walter White) about the heartache of raising children. His words inspire Walter to help Jesse get clean from heroin ("Phoenix").
The next day he arrives at his daughter's house and finds medical personnel taking her out in a bodybag. He answers a few questions about Jane, says nothing to Jesse, and leaves with his daughter's body. After a hiatus, he goes back to work despite still being distraught over his daughter's death. He makes a fatal error that causes a 737, Wayfarer 515, to collide with another plane in the skies over Albquerque ("ABQ").
Donald is all over the news following the crash as the investigators question to what extent he was responsible for the accident and whether it was appropriate for him to be allowed to work so soon after his daughter's tragic death. While driving, Walt overhears on the radio that Donald was rushed to the hospital from an apparent self-inflicted gunshot wound, which visibly disturbs him as a reminder of his involvement in the Wayfarer disaster ("Green Light").
Deaths connected to Donald
- 167 People aboard the Wayfarer 515:After his daugher´s Jane´s death he was grief-stricken and consequently unfocused, caused Wayfarer Flight 515 to collide with another plane. ("ABQ")
- The Margolis name is a reference to the actor who plays Hector "Tio" Salamanca, Mark Margolis.
- Donald Margolis drives a Lincoln Aviator which is apt, given his career in air traffic control.