|Birthday||March 7, 1956|
|Appearances|| Season 1|
Bryan Lee Cranston is an American actor who plays Walter White in Breaking Bad. Cranston has won three consecutive Emmys for Outstanding Lead Actor in a Drama Series for this role. On the set of the final 8 episodes, Cranston calls the final 8 episodes "A roller-coaster ride to hell" and states "You won't wanna miss this". He has a tattoo on his finger that reads "BRBA" in the symbols seen for the show.
Born in San Fernando Valley, California, Bryan grew up in Los Angeles and went to college to study police science. He got his start in acting in the theatre, and soon began doing commercial and TV work. His first big role was a 9-episode recurring spot on the TV series Raising Miranda as Uncle Russell. He continued to hold small television and film roles, including a recurring spot on Seinfeld. In 1998 he was cast as Buzz Aldrin on the HBO miniseries From the Earth to the Moon. Two years later, he was cast as the father Hal in the Fox sitcom Malcolm in the Middle which ran for six years. He has appeared in a couple episodes of How I Met Your Mother as Ted's obnoxious boss. He also was on King of Queens as the loud neighbor with the pool over looking the privacy fence. In 2008, he was cast in Breaking Bad as Walter White, a role that has earned him three Emmy Awards and numerous other awards. In 2014, he starred in the movie Godzilla.
He is also a director, writer and producer. Bryan wrote, directed, and produced the film Last Chance, and has directed episodes of Malcolm in the Middle, Big Day and Breaking Bad.
In 1997, he played Ranger Captain Ericsson in the Babylon 5 episode, "The Long Night."
- In the episode, Rabid Dog, Walt asks Patrick Kuby about his search for Jesse, Kuby tells him, "I put a bug in the tall kid's mom's place. For three hours straight all he kept talking about was something called Babylon 5." Bryan Cranston had a small part in that show as Ranger Captain Ericsson in the episode "The Long Night."
- Bryan Cranston was also in a show called Macolm in the Middle where he played a character named Hal. Before the series finale of Breaking Bad came out, Bryan Cranston released a joke alternate ending where his Malcolm in the Middle character wakes up and all the events of the show are just a dream.
- Bryan Cranston was paid $225,000 per episode in season 5 .
- BryanCranston.com -- Official website
- @BryanCranston on Twitter
- AMCTV.com -- Bryan Cranston's bio at AMCTV.com
Emmy Award videos
|Main||Bryan Cranston • Anna Gunn • RJ Mitte • Aaron Paul • Betsy Brandt • Dean Norris • Bob Odenkirk • Giancarlo Esposito • Jonathan Banks|
|Supporting||Steven Michael Quezada • Charles Baker • Christopher Cousins • Michael Shamus Wiles • Ray Campbell • Krysten Ritter • Matt L. Jones • Todd Terry • Chris Freihofer|
| Writers: Vince Gilligan • Patty Lin • George Mastras • Peter Gould • J Roberts • Sam Catlin • Moira Walley-Beckett • John Shiban • Thomas Schnauz • Gennifer Hutchison|
Directors: Vince Gilligan • Adam Bernstein • Jim McKay • Tricia Brock • Bronwen Hughes • Tim Hunter • Bryan Cranston • Charles Haid • Terry McDonough • John Dahl • Johan Renck • Peter Medak • Félix Enríquez Alcalá • Michelle MacLaren • Phil Abraham • Colin Bucksey • Rian Johnson • Scott Winant • John Shiban • Michael Slovis