- "That is awesome, Jesse! I feel like somebody took my brain out and boiled it in, like, boiling hot, like...like, Anthrax."
- ―Badger after trying Blue Sky
Brandon Mayhew, commonly referred to as Badger, is one of Jesse Pinkman's longtime friends. Despite his probation, Badger continues to use drugs recreationally.
Badger, as a condition of his probation stipulating that he find and maintain employment, is working as a walking billboard, wearing a full-body dollar bill costume for a realty company. When he runs into Jesse, the two teamed up briefly to cook meth by using the money from Badger's job to buy pseudophedrine. However, Jesse disposed of inferior batches several times, angering Badger. This escalated to a scuffle which resulted in Jesse kicking Badger out of his RV. Badger shoots a crossbow bolt at the RV after the two scuffle over a batch of meth and Jesse drives off, leaving him stranded in the desert ("Gray Matter").
Badger and Jesse have apparently reconciled, as Badger helped clear the meth lab from Jesse's garage and asked his cousin, Clovis, to hide Jesse's RV. ("Bit by a Dead Bee"). Badger later enlisted with Christian "Combo" Ortega and Skinny Pete to deal "Heisenberg" and Jesse's meth but was eventually arrested ("Better Call Saul"). After striking a deal with the DEA with help from Saul Goodman, Badger fled New Mexico to lay low in Fresno, California.
In season 3, Jesse recruited Badger and Skinny Pete to sell drugs to recovering addicts at Narcotics Anonymous meetings. Their conscience got the better of them and instead Badger seemed to be taking the program just to catch up to Skinny Pete, who was on Step 5 to Badger's Step 2 ("Abiquiú").
In season 4, Jesse invited Badger and Skinny Pete to his home to party. Badger resumed using meth and parties for three days straight before calling it quits. Jesse insists they stay, but Badger explains that he has a cat and it hasn't eaten for days ("Thirty-Eight Snub").
Badger and Skinny Pete purchased storage equipment from a musical supply store for Jesse and Walt's mobile meth lab. ("Hazard Pay")
Badger and Skinny Pete helped Walt trick Elliot and Gretchen Schwartz into believing he had hired hitmen to track them by using laser pointers as fake sights, making sure they give his fortune to Walt Jr. ("Felina")
- Jesse: "What's the point of being an outlaw when you got responsibilities?"
- Badger: "Darth Vader had responsibilities. He was responsible for the Death Star."
- Skinny Pete: "True that. Two of them bitches."
- — Jesse, Badger, and Skinny Pete having a conversation.[src]
- Badger was also the lead singer of his, Jesse's & Paul's now defunct band, TwaüghtHammër.
- Badger is one of three characters (along with Steven Gomez and Skinny Pete) to appear in all five seasons, despite not being main cast members.
- He and Skinny Pete are the only two supporting cast members to appear in and survive all five seasons.
- Badger drives a 1986 Pontiac Fiero.
- It is apparent that Badger has a liking, and strong interest, for science fiction television programs and movies. After Patrick Kuby bugged Badger's mom's house looking for Jesse, Kuby stated that "All he talked about for five hours was something called Babylon 5." Badger also created a Star-Trek script that he recited to Skinny Pete at Jesse's House. He also quoted Star Wars often.
| Main: Walter White • Jesse Pinkman • Skyler White • Walter White Jr. • Hank Schrader • Marie Schrader • Saul Goodman • Gustavo Fring • Mike Ehrmantraut • Lydia Rodarte-Quayle • Todd Alquist
Supporting: Steven Gomez • Brandon "Badger" Mayhew • Skinny Pete • Christian "Combo" Ortega • Tuco Salamanca • Hector "Tio" Salamanca • The Cousins • Jane Margolis • Ted Beneke • Victor • Gale Boetticher • Jack Welker